Monday, January 3, 2011

Perspective for the New Year

As moms, there are a lot of things we desire for our children and for ourselves.  Sometimes, we get tired of feeling like the "bad guy" in pursuit of the principles we are trying to teach them but this post from another blogger sums it up so beautifully for me.  I hope you'll visit just to read this post titled "I don't want my children to be happy".    I remember receiving comments rather similar to those mentioned by this mom during our adoption process.  God's ways are certainly not the ways of the world but they are so much better.




May we all desire more contentment and holiness in our lives.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.  Psalm 1:3

0 comments: