Thursday, January 20, 2011

A new look at life

Notice anything different?

Yep, Goose has a new accessory on her face.  She's been wanting to get her eyes checked for a couple months now and I finally got her to the eye doctor.  Sure enough, she gets to join the ranks of the "glasses-wearing-Murphys".  Her eyes really aren't that bad (at least compared to her Mom) but she noticed a big difference as soon as we picked them up today.  Now Boo is the only one that isn't bespeckled and hopefully, good genetics just might keep her from going this route as well.

As for Goose, she tried on every pair of frames in the place and was trying to decide what to get - sensible, comfortable, etc.  We just about had it decided when I picked up this pair and said, "what about these?"  She grabbed them and put them on and immediately stated, "These are just my personality!"  No debating or agonizing, just confidence through and through.  I do love that about my daughter.  She knows what she likes and is very comfortable with who she is.  Beautiful!



Now she is desperate to cut her hair (she's been planning that anyway) to complete a new look and get a fresh start.  Stay tuned.....

** OK, the next day we just HAD to go in for a haircut and this is the happy girl results...




To top it off, she gets to donate her old hair to Locks of Love to be made into a wig for a needy child.  She is very happy about that!

2 comments:

Karen Bjork Kubin said...

She's beautiful!

Shonya said...

I think she looks gorgeous. I love that she knew exactly what she wanted and what expressed her unique personality. Perhaps frustrating when you want her to hurry up (or pick cheap ones, ha!), but that's a pretty neat self-awareness there!