Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Have you seen this young man?

Does this photo look familiar?  I actually took it last February but it just showed up in the current issue of Focus on the Family magazine.  We've been getting a few phone calls asking about it and Spiderman has been getting a bunch of (unwanted) attention among his friends in town.  He's embarrassed. :)



I figured I'd mention it here in case anyone else has wondered, "Is that Spiderman?"  I actually submitted a couple of photos back in the summer as part of a contest.  My kids were hoping for some free Adventures in Odyssey CD's but it did not win anything.  Then to our surprise, we were offered a small compensation if we would let them use it in future publications, at their discretion.   I was still thinking we'd be paid in product and went ahead with the arrangement.  Imagine my surprise when we received a healthy (in my perspective) financial gift right before Christmas.  We celebrated the unexpected gift with a family trip to the theater to see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" (not common with a family of 6) and a yummy meal at our favorite restaurant.  It was our special little blessing from God and we were tickled.

Now the kids think Spiderman is famous!

4 comments:

Shonya said...

Very cool! Way to go, photographer mom, and love that you got rewarded for your efforts! :)

Karen Bjork Kubin said...

That's fantastic! What a great picture, too!

Jo Ann said...

I am sure my guys will think he is famous too! They think everyone they see in the local paper is a celebrity, but a national mag, WOW!!

Maribeth said...

Way to go! Very exciting. :)