Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day



Thanks to my big sister, we always open new PJ's on Christmas Eve every year.   The kids were excited to show them off, knowing that the rest of the stash wasn't far away.  After last year's lesson on wake up times (someone got up at 3:00 am), we told the kids they couldn't come down and make noise until 7:00 am.  This made for much happier parents. 

Also, before opening our presents we talked about the people around the world having a very different Christmas.  The kids had raised money among themselves to buy some chickens, honeybees and milk for the needy through "Samaritan's Purse".   They prayed for those people to have a good Christmas and to learn about Jesus love.  It was a nice way to start off our morning as we opened more gifts than we need, like most Americans.


In short, we are filled to the brim with fun new things and giddy kids.  I'm giddy that I have a week off of school and that we're mostly healthy (though I did wake up Christmas Eve with some sort of pink eye).  To top it off, my sweetie is taking me out on an anniversary date on the 30th to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.  It's amazing how time flies but I wouldn't want it any other way.  Life has been so good to us praise God.  I don't know what the future holds but I'm ready to face a new year and see what God has in store for us. 


Grandma made some matching PJ's for Boo and her doll, Cara.

Even more Legos to add to the collection (among others).


Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!

0 comments: