Friday, November 7, 2008

My baby is FIVE!

Oh my, where has it gone? This is my baby the first day we met her in Guatemala. Probably taken after I finished sobbing. :) How incredible to meet her that day and study her every feature in person that I had already encountered in referral photos. Of course how could we not focus on her stubbornly STRAIGHT hair that we could not get to lay flat no matter what we did. We never saw her head of curls coming...


Boo had a wonderful time with her birthday this week from friends, parties, and presents to picking her meals and such. I have watched in a little shock and awe as I realize just how grown up she is becoming. We took a day off yesterday for a trip to the city and everywhere I turned I saw women with little toddlers and babies (that happens when homeschoolers go out in public during the day). It truly hit me that I'm way past that stage - diapers, sippy cups, tantrums, all of it - and I must admit that I don't miss it. :) Anyway, my baby is becoming a big girl and some of her favorite gifts were a purse filled with her own lipstick (chapstick) and chewing gum. She thinks that she's a grown up now.


Here are a couple of shots from her Hello Kitty party. I'm sure it's due to having older siblings but all the friends she invited were older by a year or two (or 3). They had a great time and as you see by the crown, she relished the role of "queen bee" all week. We made a fun trip to the dollar store and she purchased her own pair of reading glasses, I'll have to add a photo. She is competing a bit with big brother on that one - I hope it doesn't screw up her eyes!







1 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Happy Birthday, Boo. You are a very beautiful princess.