"Don't fail to rescue those who are doomed to die. Don't say, 'I didn't know it!' God can read your mind. He watches each of us and knows our thoughts. And God will pay us back for what we do." Proverbs 24:12 (CEV) OK, I know everyone is aware that today is election day in America. I have spent much time in prayer this past year and especially these final weeks. I am enough of a realist to know that neither of the candidates is perfect and both will make decisions that I think are dead wrong. As a result, I think it's right to be a single issue voter and in order to get my vote, you have to be willing to protect life. Proverbs 31:8 says, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves" and I firmly believe that if we as a nation will not protect the unborn children being slaughtered in their mother's wombs, God will not bless us. Scripture shows us that over and over that as God's people started following their culture and sacrificing their own children "in the fire" to the false gods, they incurred God's wrath. If America is going to survive as a nation, we have got to protect life. The Bible tells us "children are a blessing" and yet Barack Obama said that if his daughters "made a mistake", he did not want them "to be punished with a child". God is the giver of life and no child is a mistake or punishment in His eyes. I also know first hand that every child is a wanted child - yet not always by the one who carries them in their womb. We MUST speak up for them!
OK, so you know where I unapologetically stand on politics. Today we took a field trip to the polls and had some interesting conversations. I have spent the day in prayer and fasting for the future of our nation and over and over, God has reminded me that He is over everything and that no matter the outcome of this election, my refuge is in Him and Him alone. The peace that comes from that realization is staggering. No peace is to be had by politics. I can sleep tonight (and every night) because I know Who holds the future.
How to Unlock Your Teacher's Super Powers
7 years ago
3 comments:
I agree! Well said!
I hadn't heard the comment Barack Obama made about his daughters...that makes me feel sick. Life is so precious.
This post makes me miss you! It reminded me that you always search the Scripture for answers.
Much love to you all,
Jen :-)
Amen.
Amen!! Thank you for that. I have kinda been freaking out over this election. But I also know Who holds the future.
That whole "punishment" comment made me just sick!
Michelle
Post a Comment