Friday, June 6, 2008

Welcome Home Tizita!

Praise God! We were happy to travel to Tizita's new home on Monday and meet the little girl we've been praying for. Though she and Spiderman didn't know each other in Ethiopia, it still seemed to bring her some comfort knowing he had come through Hannah's Hope and now seems so settled in his new home. Not only that, my girls have been praying for her for awhile now and were thrilled to finally meet their new friend. I loved watching how language was not even an issue for the kids. They navigated blowing bubbles, playing games and exploring this fun play castle in her backyard with many giggles. We are praising God for her safe journey to her forever family, though her parents are still recovering from jet lag and the expectations of a very active 8 year old. :) (Yes, believe it or not, this little firecracker is 8 1/2 yrs old - older than Jaybird - and just a hair shorter than Boo).



Here are the girls together. While Goose loves her new friend, Boo has claimed her for her OWN! They are about the same size and walk around with their arms wrapped around each other. Keep praying! This weekend two more families leave to bring home the next 5 beautiful kids - stay tuned!


Before heading over to Tizita's house, I made some Ethiopian food (all my recipes are on this blog "somewhere"). Spiderman chowed down at lunch time and as eating Ethiopian food is a full blown, messy "sport" for him, he had to go shirtless to spare me the stains.


This is just a recent shot of Spiderman's giggles. As you can see he's getting those little man teeth in his mouth finally and actually lost another one on Tuesday. I was mortified the next morning when he came to me and said, "Mom, something's wrong. What happened to the tooth fairy?" Yep, I TOTALLY forgot about it. I explained that this happened to Goose once and the tooth fairy came the next night and he seemed appeased. With many reminders to myself written around the house, I'm happy to say that this morning he showed me his cash along with a note from the tooth fairy, apologizing and explaining her delay. He is satisfied and I'm RELIEVED!

2 comments:

Teabo Chica said...

Sharon, I did that the other day as well only it was three nights I felt like a complete falure when a little voive at my side said she forgot again mom!!! Crawl back under the covers there is no use :) SO I love this post how sweet to have a new Ethiopian friend she is so pretty and I love the name Tizita! Thanks for sharing.
Much Love
Natalie

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

What a cutie! She is really tiny isn't she! And I love her beautiful hair! Good for you Sharon on making the Ethiopian lunch! I can NOT wait to see the favorite threesome come home along with the two girls! Your small town must feel like dream town to all these children! Coming home with friends!! What could be better than that??
SMiles
jen