We were thrilled and surprised that the Eastin's and McCarty's were up to coming to church this morning. What a way to celebrate Father's Day! It was emotional to see the kids all meet up in Sunday School and give hugs and exchange shy looks with one another. Spiderman was the only one who couldn't communicate (as he has lost his Amharic). There was certainly excitement in the air.
Introducing Tigist, Hope, and Amerech - the three 11 year old girls (I think they make up about half of their Sunday School class)and here in the next class is Spiderman, sitting by Getaneh, Azmera, Goose and Genet. Tizita is sitting accross from them. Almost half of this class was "imported by God" and as Goose said, there are going to be lots of brown faces in our class now! :) Spiderman was pretty quiet but after church he declared, "I can't wait til these guys can speak English!".
Late this afternoon, we went to the Eastin's to deliver some Ethiopian food. The other families were there visiting already and so we stayed for a bit. The girls are here watching someone jump on the trampoline and seem so at ease having each other around.
Here you can see 7 of the 8 Hannah's Hope kids playing. Other than ours, all the other kids have siblings, teenage to all grown up. That is proving to be quite a help to the families as they try to recouperate from their jet lag and need some extra hands and energy at times (I hear that Getaneh is non-stop, FULL of energy!) I'm sure they are not lacking for attention either as they are well adored.
3 comments:
WOW! That's all I can say! I can not wait to see these kiddos in person!
Smiles,
jen
Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen!! So many sweet children from HH!!! I pray that adoption would catch on at our church.
Thanks for sharing those pictures with all of us!!
I love it!!!
Michelle
I am so happy that these precious children are home. I can't wait to see them with their parents in August.
Thank you so much for posting their pictures.
Post a Comment