That's when we took a big step of faith and accepted the referral of Spiderman. I remember what a big struggle it had been getting to that point (you can read about it in my first blog post ) and we had just begged God to make it clear to us if this waiting child was OUR son. Ironically, in this case the peace from God didn't come until after we signed those papers and I know a spiritual battle had raged in the heavenly realms to put this precious boy in our home. I shudder to think what would have been had we been too timid to step forward as Spiderman has been such a sweet blessing to our family.
So one year ago today, we finally knew who it was God had for us but it would still be a couple more months til we met this little guy. Boy did we pray that God would equip us to handle the job of parenting this guy, that he would be prepared to receive our love and that God would knit our children together as siblings. God has answered in mighty ways in all 3 accounts and He continues to grow us all together each day. His ways are perfect!
Here are a couple of photos of Spiderman while he was still in the government orphanage in Ethiopia. We did not see these photos until he had come home but I wanted to share them with you. I know I'm his Mom but I can see that sweet spirit in his eyes, even in the midst of such hardship.If you can't tell off hand, Spiderman is right in the middle in the blue shirt. I believe this was the first day that AGCI came to the ophanage and at the time, he was just one of many children needing love and attention. I tell him that out of all these children (in this photo) "God chose you to come to Hannah's Hope because He would be bringing us to you". At the same time it breaks my heart not knowing how many of these children remain in that overcrowded orphanage, waiting for their own someone to come.
What a precious smile! This was the same day that Spiderman was "picked" to come to Hannah's Hope in the first group of 6 older children. All I can say is that he wasn't "supposed" to be among that group but God intervened and praise God He did! That was on Feb. 3, 2007 and though we knew nothing about him that day, it was on Feb. 4th that God brought my man and I to a place of surrender to adopt again. God's timing is PERFECT!
How to Unlock Your Teacher's Super Powers
7 years ago
4 comments:
Wow, you brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing that with all of us.
Michelle
Yeah!! I love his story on how he came to you guys!!! Today is our 1 year referral date!!! What a year!!! :)
Blessings to your whole family!
-Suzi
(I posted a video on my blog-- I think I emailed it to Lori-- but if not, have her watch it. She, Carl, and Hope are in it!!)
Sharon, I love these pictures of Spiderman. Seeing all those kiddos in the picture causes me to start begging in my heart to God to please open that door for us again.
Smiles,
jen
I loved reading your families story. What a blessing that God brought this wonderful boy into your lives, to be a part of your family.
What a smile. His pictures and the pictures of the other children brought tears to my eyes. I pray that they will all have families of their own soon.
Post a Comment