wishing for: new clothes for the baby doll she has had since her first Christmas. (This is the doll she was crying about yesterday because she couldn't take it to heaven with her when she dies).
wishing for: a new baby doll and a baby house. (this from the girl who only wants to play with Goose's favorite doll despite having plenty of her own).
wishing for: the Lego house building set (the tooth fairy let us down) and he was asked by Santa if he would like his two front teeth.
wishing for: way too much - let's see I heard remote controlled Lego dinosaur, Lego Aqua base set, remote controlled crashing helicopters and a crashing Lego #13 car. I think he memorized the Lego catalog as it went on and on.
***********************************************************************************
Tis the season to visit chubby old men. We offered this trip to the kids and of course they wanted to go. On the way I asked the kids to think about what they could tell Santa they wanted for Christmas. Goose was distraught as she realized she forgot her baby Becky doll and Santa wouldn't know what size clothes she wanted for her (I pointed out she could show him the right size with her hands and she felt better). She was also the bravest and willing to approach the jolly old man first. Next went Boo and Spiderman (who really wanted to go up but definitely wouldn't do it alone). I was so impressed when my majorly shy guy begrudgingly climbed onto Santa's lap as if it was the most embarrassing thing he's done yet but hey, at least he was willing. Boo told Santa what she wanted and then skipped out on Spiderman once she got her candy. Spiderman by now was getting into it and listed exactly what kind of Legos he wanted for Christmas. Jaybird was convinced he was too big to be allowed on Santa's lap so he opted to sit on the arm of the chair instead. Everyone was content with their chat with the big guy until Goose realized she had not asked him what kind of cookies he likes so we can leave some out for him (this is not something we've done before but she is insistent). The news is out, it's sugar cookies, make a note everyone.
I did find this funny on the way home. I told Spiderman I was proud of him for being brave and going up on Santa's lap for the first time (this is a whole new concept for him). He said matter of factly, "no I didn't". I reminded him that I just witnessed it with my own eyes and he said, "that wasn't me. It was someone else."
0 comments:
Post a Comment