when it comes to computers. I know so little about them it's like speaking Amharic for me. I had HOPED to show you some photos of our fun field trips lately. Well, you are just going to have to imagine that you are looking at those photos, I'm done for today.
You see, I spent 3 weeks unable to sign on to the internet without going through my man's account. OK, I thought. A lesson in patience as I couldn't access my documents, photos, etc. through his account. He very sweetly spent a long evening figuring out what was wrong and giving me a clean "computer slate" to start out from scratch (or maybe he was just sick of seeing all my favorites bookmarked on his page). Anyway, I caught up on my "stuff", temporarily. Then for 4 days this week neither of us could access ANYTHING online! Well, today I spent lots of time on the phone with "technical support" as they had me practically reprogramming my computer. I spoke with "Brad", "Jim", "Mike", & "Josh" today on a friend's cell phone (since we have dial-up service). That was actually the most lighthearted part of my day - to hear someone with a very thick Indian accent identify himself by any one of those names is just comical. I sat there wondering if they got to pick their "phone name" or if it was assigned to them during their orientation at work. Anyway, after much time and tension it SEEMS that we are back in business. When my man asked me what their diagnosis was of our problem, I just had to shrug. Who are we kidding here?
So as I sit here venting that even now I can't upload photos to my blog (apparently THAT site is down right now), I am reminded that I am at the mercy of the computer programmers and I have no control. Somedays you just have to laugh and trust their are better things I should be doing with my time. :) OK God, I'm listening......
How to Unlock Your Teacher's Super Powers
7 years ago
2 comments:
I've felt like God was telling me that before, too. :-)
Love the picture at the top- what a beautiful family!
Glad to see you finally got it running Sharon!
Post a Comment