Monday, April 7, 2008

The Mommas and the Papas

Saturday night we had a fun time celebrating Ethiopia with 5 of the 6 families at our church adopting from Hannah's Hope Ethiopia. Of course, two of us are on the other side of our adoptions but these three families are waiting to travel sometime this spring or early summer. Lori & I wanted to give their taste buds a preview of what is to come when they fly accross the ocean. It seemed the majority actually enjoyed the Ethiopian food and the two who didn't plan to bring lots of snacks. :) Hope and Spiderman were especially glad there was enough food leftover to enjoy it the next day.


Here are the Mommas and below are the Papas. Between these families there will be 6 more kids coming to their forever homes before we know it! Family #1 is bringing home an 8 yr old daughter "T" and they'll probably go first as they have their immigration approval already. Family # 2 is adopting 2 sisters "G" and "T" ages 8 & 10 while Family #3 is bringing home 3 kiddos, "G" is a buddy of Spiderman's and he is 5, big sisters "A" & "A" are about 8 & 10. These two families are waiting for their fingerprint appointment with immigration so it's getting closer. Their files are close so we are optimistic that God may allow them to travel together (and we hear their 4 daughters are best friends as well - wouldn't that be a treat?) Please keep them in your prayers as they all wait to meet their children and that the Father will knit all these hearts together in their new families.


What was "icing on the Ethiopian injera" is the news we learned that same weekend. God has again moved ANOTHER family to adopt ANOTHER sibling group! While this family was a part of our little church, they have moved about an hour and a half away to complete a medical residency. It's a good thing they are still connected here as we will want to get to know their 3 boys (ages 5, 10, & 12) when they come home. What is even more exciting about this is that the family has been praying about adopting for a year or more now. They felt it was time to move forward but weren't sure what to do next. On Wednesday, AGCI shared a photo in a newsletter of a new sibling set of 3 brothers and the family saw this the very next day. They just knew these were supposed to be their sons! How wonderful to watch God bring it all together in His perfect timing.

4 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

What a blessing! I want to live next to all of you guys! The sibling group of 3 boys......Praise God! I am so happy right now. That's just great!
Blessings,
Michelle

The Redman's said...

Simply amazing! Our God is GREAT!!! I just love following the journey that you, Lori, and others from your church are on! God is doing amazing work.... I can't wait to see all those precious friends coming home together!

-Suzi

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Praise God!!! What awesome news! I did get an update from AGCI but not that one I guess as I didn't see the picture of the boys just the pictures of the older single older children waiting! Thanks for the update on where the families are in their waiting. I was wondering where they were at in the journey!
I love the summer olympics photos!
Miss you guys so much!!
Smiles,
jen in MI

stacnjul said...

I just got tingles! Praise God! I love how he places these precious little children with their forever families:) I wish we lived closer, how fun is that!?!
~Julia