Tuesday, February 19, 2008

going undercover

As you are about to witness, we've been experiencing some winter time "cabin fever". The kids have all appreciated that there are half of us with straight hair and half with curly (since I've been perming my hair for the past 6 months). Anyway, the girls have wondered what it would be like to live on the "other side" and we decided to try it out. You will notice that while Boo's hair is much straightER, it certainly is not straight. It was a bit more challenging than I thought. As Spiderman said to both the girls after their transformations, "you look like new sisters".



As straight as Mom could make it that day


OK, this was more like Shirley Temple in the morning after sleeping with curlers. I just forgot to take a photo until much later in the day.


This was actually intended to create wavy hair for the next morning BUT Goose realized we were going to the "Africa party" that night and insisted she wear the braids. That also meant wearing them to church - a far cry from the week before when she went as Shirly Temple. Thankfully she loved the "do" despite seeing much better "quality" jobs, complete with beads, at the cultural affair.


Meet Princess Leah! Now Boo was truly in love with this hairdo and was ready for applause when she presented herself to the siblings. She appeared heartbroken when the boys both declared that she didn't look like the REAL Princess Leah. Life is hard at 4 years old.

1 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Sharon, I guess I was expecting to see Spiderman in one of his sister's headbands too! I just looked at the picture of he and Major Cutie as I posted a picture of her in the headband he stuck on his head while we were in Ethiopia together!
Your girls look beautiful!
Smiles,
jen