I've seen a lot of things in my life that amaze me, I've read about even more. Ways that God has used one little thing to make big changes in a life, in a community, in a country. I've often marvelled at how He uses the least predictable thing to do so and sometimes the least logical choice of whom to do it through. I like to think of it as God's calling card, His way of saying "this is Me, I'm doing something here for My glory. This is NOT just a coincidence, and you can't explain it away." This past year I've seen more than I can even say but this past week, I again stand in awe.
God has again set in motion the wheels of adoption, not for our family but for our church family. Two more godly families have submitted to His persistent, small voice and have answered, "Here I am Lord, send me." This means that in less than one year's time, He has moved 6 different families in our little church to step out to adopt. It boggles my mind even while I'm giddy with excitement. Both new families have applied and are praying about children on the waiting list, older children, siblings, the children that the world says are "impossible" to find homes for. The children considered unwanted.
These children will someday soon (Lord willing) be welcomed into their new homes in their new country where they will continue to learn about the One who has a plan for their future. Homes that are filled with God's love. A church family that could very well have 9 or 10 Ethiopian children to support them as they grow, all by the end of 2008. Their children and grandchildren will have a completely different future than if these families said, "No Lord, not me". I stand in awe!
Won't you please pray with me that God will strengthen these families in the months ahead while they listen for His leading, each step of the way? Also, I believe others at our church have been hearing God's call for their own families. Please pray that they would submit to His amazing plan as He directs them.
How to Unlock Your Teacher's Super Powers
7 years ago
2 comments:
I have chills! God's work is awe inspiring. There's a sibling set(9,8, and 4) on the Special Treasures flyer that I have felt led to really pray for... maybe they'll be coming home to your church family?!?!?!? Keep us posted!
-Suzi
Sharon, I have chills with Suzi and Suzi I KNOW who you are speaking about! God is amamzing. Just amazing.
love,
jen
Post a Comment