Friday, May 27, 2011

Susie's Surprises - NYC

To celebrate my 40th birthday this year, my man bought me a ticket to fly out East and see my big sis - Susie.  Sweet huh?  Well we finally found a time that would work and I flew to CT this month.  Susie picked up the birthday surprises by planning a full and exciting weekend for the two of us.   The very next day, she wisked me off to New York City for the day!  Now I have no desire to live in the city but visiting is another story.  We took the train and the subway and walked all over the place (mostly in Chinatown).  What an adventure....
Here I am standing next to some dragonfruit.  I have no idea what it tastes like but it was some of the coolest stuff I'd ever seen.  We went to Jing Fong Restaurant where they brought a continuous selection of dumplings and such.  Delicious!  Then we had a pedicure - my first ever.
The coolest thing about this place was the massage chairs.  We were pampered from neck to foot.  And check out those daring colors we chose....

By the end of the day, we went to see The Addams Family musical on Broadway.  Third row seats!  It was a pretty funny play and they did a great job.  I guess that's why they get paid to do this. :)

We got back to Susie's place at 2:30 am after a very full day.  That's cool though since I was able to sleep in as late as I wanted - that never happens at home!  That evening she took me to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant that was scrumptious.  Who knew?  I really ate well that weekend.

2 comments:

Queen of Sheba said...

It seems you had fun with your big sis! And Happy Late Birthday!♥

Shonya said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! What a wonderful gift.