Friday, October 1, 2010

Mother-Son Stampede




We finally had our turn (according to my boys).  After watching the girls head to dances with their Daddy in the past, there was an event just for the boys and I this week.  The Stampede was put on by various organizations in town and the boys were thrilled to hit the town with Mom.  Of course, the silly thing is that once we arrived and took the hayride to the party, they were runnin' with the boys more than hangin' with their mom.  Imagine hundreds of boys, eating, shooting guns & bows, running obstacle courses - all while their moms are trying to keep up with them or just keep track.  Just when I'd coral Jaybird to say that Spiderman & I were going to get some food, he'd inform us that he already had.  Well, technicalities aside, the boys had a blast and definitely want to go again so in their mind, Mom dates are pretty fun. :)



1 comments:

Shonya said...

Looks like great fun! And we happened to run into someone at La Fuente tonight from St. Charles who knows you and your family and commented on your well-behaved children! :) Didn't get a name though, chuckle. He asked if we had adopted, shared that two of his brothers have adopted children, and asked if we happened to know your husband. (Funny--he asked by your husband's first name, which I couldn't remember, and asked if he went by "Murph" giggle). Just thought I'd pass on the encouragement and compliment for your children! It's always nice to get a little encouragement to persevere, hmmm?