Monday, August 31, 2009

We go WAYYYYYY back!

I guess I'm not really covering our trip in order but I will cover it. We got to spend two days with my old high school "BFF" (to steal my daughter's term). We enjoyed lots of crazy laughs ("many much moosen" has been quoted repeatedly Jen), some yummy food, a beautiful hike to Bridal Veil Falls and our typical BFF talks. Her kids are a bit older than mine but they got along great and had lots of fun. You can see all 8 of them here the night before we left.


Jen and I have been there together through thick and thin through the years. Shared our dreams as teenagers, lived together for a time, had wonderful adventures together and have kept up from a distance as God brought husbands and children and moved us in different directions. Even over the distance, we always pick right back up where we left off. She's a "perennial" friend, the kind that blooms again, year after year. I just love ya Jen!

For fun I had to pull this out of an old album. Anyone guess the date of this photo by the big hair and acid wash jeans? This is 1989 - twenty years ago. Here is to the next 20 as we add empty nests and Grandkids to our lives. Ooh, that's scarey!




0 comments: