Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Animal Lovers

Remember the fuzzy little chicks? They aren't so cute now. They look like strange birds shedding fluff for feathers, at that awkward in-between stage. Last weekend the kids had some hands on practice building as we made this "chicken tractor" for the chicks. Now we can let them outside without worrying what might get them. Another week or so and they can move outside in the coop permanently and hold their own with the old ladies.

One day last week, Spiderman and Goose came to tell me they caught a baby bunny (yeah right). I didn't really believe them until I saw this adorable fluff ball. They all had so much fun playing with the terrified critter and wanted to keep it for real. Thankfully, it was really too young to survive us if we tried so after a couple of hours, it was released back to find it's momma.


Here is the bunny wrapped securely in a towel so it won't escape and below it's trying out the chicken tractor. Before the bunny had been captured, Spiderman had a pet crayfish in a bucket on the porch. That VERY quickly lost all prestige when compared with a sweet, soft bunny.






2 comments:

Laura said...

What an exciting, Mutual of Omaha day!

I was thrilled when I saw a raccoon on my way home from work a couple weeks ago.

Laura said...

What an exciting, Mutual of Omaha day!

I was thrilled when I saw a raccoon on my way home from work a couple weeks ago.