Tuesday, December 30, 2008

13 Years Together

Today we celebrate the birthdate of "our" family, the day we officially began this adventure together. I found this old photo which I believe was around our first Christmas together. Our dogs were our "kids" back then - my how life has changed!!


Back on our wedding day, I never would have imagined what the next 13 years would hold. Of course, I've also learned to appreciate that fact. There is no sneak peek into the future. No promise of good times or bad. There is only God carrying us, together, to weather the storms and rejoice over God's blessings. Even though our marriage has been filled with more of the blessings than the storms, I wouldn't have wanted to know about them ahead of time as I would not have truly experienced the present, always looking to the future.
So I say to my man, I'm so thankful for you and for the life we share. I don't know what the next year or the next 13 years hold but I wouldn't trade you as my partner for the journey. You're precious and priceless to me Babe!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, you guys are old! Haha, just kidding. Happy Anniversary!

Three2Five said...

Congratulations guys! I can't wait to get together! Sorry it didn't work out the other day. 4 antibiotics and a few x-rays later I am finally starting to feel better. Whew! Hope to see you next week:)

Anonymous said...

I just need to say again hop very pretty Boo is Since you got her as a babe I did not think this kind of reaction would happen.
GP